Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Massacre of a Machine: Now on YouTube

I'm behind the times. Apparently this YouTube site is getting hit almost as much as Google.

Anyone can create an account and upload nearly any video file they want (registration required, videos can only be up to 100MB in size and no longer than 10 minutes). It then transcodes that video file, from whatever format that might have been, into a standardized format that can play on almost anyones computer (It's Shockwave Flash video, I believe).

So I uploaded a video. Let me tell you, the process couldn't have been less painless. They even let you either link to the webpage, or let you embed it right into your own site if you want! I'll be posting more videos to this in the future.

It's free, and it doesn't sell advertisements. I don't quite get their angle... yet.

No comments: