Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Manga Guide to Calculus

The Manga Guide to Calculus follows a story of a young reporter who must use calculus to analyze data to discover news stories, or something like that. What I find amazing about this book is that for $20, you can get entertained while learning calculus, even going as far as partial differentiation and Taylor series expansion.

$20?!?! Man, what a deal! My stupid boring text book I used in college cost way more than that. Not only that, but there is an entire series of "The Manga Guide to..." books, ranging from databases to the universe.

I'm seriously considering getting this book, and integrating it into my life. Did I just make a stupid math joke? Yes I did, and it was a bit derivative to boot.

2 comments:

Redsaz said...

I'd like to know if Lester has any input on this.

Lester said...

Haha, this is pretty cool. I've heard about manga like this before but never really seen it. Might be a good Christmas gift.